If you want a character to be an actor, painter, sculptor or a musician then you will want an Awe Root.
Emotional and Spiritual Annexes
If you need a character with Mesmeric, Charming, or even Shamanistic powers then you'll want an Awe Channel.View alone
Duck attacks force the defender to duck and dive for cover. Duck attacks are often the result of Fear based attacks. Duck attacks cause double damage (x2) when causing Distract or Flesh wounds.View alone
The Character may choose one Nimbed effect and add it to any Annex for an activation cost of that Facet’s Boon Reduced x2 Sway (Boon Reduced Chi).View alone
- Art (Specific)
- Colour (specific)
- Duck Attacks
- Duck Wounds
- Mental Strength
- Nerves of Steel
- Poker Face
- Style (Specific)
- Totem (Specific)
- Vacant Expression
- Sacred Sites
Fear (either having or causing Fear)
- Cause Fear
- Fears that which can harm it
- Phobia (Specific)
- Repulsed by - Specific
- The Creeps
As Awe is the Facet of Spirit its Incarna is Spirit. The Ka is the living soul that leaves the body upon death in the ancient religion of Egypt and echoes of this belief are found within most religions. Pick this Facet Incarna if you are wanting to play a ghost or nature spirit, or perhaps a Djinn or Familiar.View alone
The Monster is a Fear or Anxiety embodied.View alone
Gain Chi when you are respected, honoured, worshipped or adored – you have someone's undivided attention, or answer a question.
Combat gain Chi when you play a ♦ to attack a target.View alone
Brave location, object or monster / Charm character
The Quest may send the adventurers to a dangerous location, or to face a terrible monster or object, or instead they may simply have to charm an old woman they meet upon the way so that she will tell the secret of soothing the beast. Or perhaps they have to persuade their new boss to send them on that new job. The point is that the character on the Quest will have to use their Awe Facet to the best of their ability.View alone
Any story that has an Awe Tone is going to be emotional. Whether its the heart-breaking plight of a boy and his dog, or a cancer-ridden mother trying to do the best for her children before she dies, this is the Tone of sad stories that are low on action, but high in characterisation.View alone
- NEED: Must be in a specific Emotional state to activate (e.g. Happy).
- LIMIT: Emotional effects only or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Spiritual (Awe Umbral Boon Reduced Yang).
- SPECIAL: Audience (must have an Audience of at least Annex Boon Double Reduced as Yarn: e.g Boon 50 = 15-51 people)
- FOCUS: Annex affects Target's Personality Annex by preference
- EXPAND: Art, add One Card Psychological Test (Fear).
- REWARD: Spiritual (Gain Awe Nimbed Boon Reduced Chi).
- TRICK: Artistry, when playing any Ace immediately Draw and Play an additional card.