Secretive, occult or Mysterious Annexes.
If you have secret training, have joined a secret society or are a master occultist then Enigma is probably the Root Annex for you.
Hiding, confusing, Annexes
If you have the gift of the gab, want to hide in plain sight or dazzle and confound people your Annex wants to have an Enigma Channelling Facet.View alone
Ambushes are attacks designed to surprise and shock the enemy. Ambushes double the damage (x2) of any Distract or Flesh wounds that they manage to land.View alone
May choose any one Wyrd Tarot card as a significator and may play any card, calling it their significator by paying the Face value of the significator in Sway. E.g. Fay can play a two of spades and call it a “Spot Hidden” by paying 6 points of Chi.View alone
- Secret Powers
- Ambush Attacks
- Ambush Wounds
- Circus Skills
- Cloaking Devices
- Computer SNO
- Concealed Weaponry
- Concealed Firearms
- Elude Pursuit
- Holographic Disrupters
- Image disrupters
- Near Silent weapons
- Slight of hand
- X-dimensional theory
- Dark places/caves/forests
- Hidden places
- Secret Rooms
- Absent Minded
- Hard of hearing
- Inaudible/Invisible in specific environment
- Incomprehensible Dialect (specify)
- Insubstantial in specific enviroment
- Memory wiped and replaced (specify)
- Mental Block (specific)
- Mistaken Identity
- No reflection
- No shadow
- Only reflects in (specify)
- Reminiscent of something else
- Shadow creature
- Speech Impediment (specify)
- Strong Accent (specify)
- Unusual Accent (specify)
- Wears glasses
Riddle (Codes, Puzzles).
If you are trying to create a code, or a puzzle, or if you are wanting to play a enigmatic creature of unknown origin then Enigma is the Incarna for you.View alone
The Monster is a shadowy figure pulling strings behind the scenes. This may just be an ordinary villain, but their ability to pass unnoticed should be bordering upon the unnatural. Perhaps they use psychic powers or magic to pass unnoticed, perhaps they are a hacking whiz, able to bounce phone calls through international relays with some multinational or another picking up the tab without realizing, perhaps they are one of the Huldra, the hidden people - who may be the Fæ or maybe they are actually the imaginary friend of one of the characters now made real(ish) by an alien or a Dæmon.View alone
Gain Chi when you confuse another or pose a question.
Combat gain Chi when you play any Distract card.View alone
If the plot requires something to be hidden by the Characters then the Ref will be wanting an Enigma Quest.View alone
Perhaps a murderer is afoot, or perhaps there is a deeper mystery abroad. Things are mysterious, evidence doesn't add up, or is missing altogether, perhaps the mystery is who the corpse is or how they got to the top of the mountain in scuba gear... this is not an average police procedural.View alone
- NEED: Secrecy, the Annex must be used in secret.
- LIMIT: When acting directly on a Target Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Occult (Enigma Umbral Boon Reduced Yin).
- SPECIAL: Questions, must ask Umbral Boon Reduced questions to activate.
- FOCUS: Add a Success Level when the User is unobserved or hidden.
- EXPAND: Add a Success Level to any Failures with this Annex.
- REWARD: Occult, the effect of this Annex is hidden, undetectable or untraceable (Difficulty to spot Enigma Nimbed Boon). In combat an attack (or defence) with this Nimbed requires extra Pips (equal to the Enigma Nimbed Boon Reduced) to defend (or penetrate).
- TRICK: Secretive, may play Preparation cards face down.