Books, Mental, Serene, Meditation based Annexes
If you are playing a student, especially of eastern arts or religions then you may want a Quiet Root Facet.
Silent, wooden or book learning Annexes
If you are playing a stealthy assassin, an Eelafin tree-shaper or simply a bookish nerd you might require a Quiet Channelling FacetView alone
Erode attacks can take millions of years to affect a mountain or rock, but a sandstorm can have the same effect on a person or vehicle in a few minutes. Accelerated time, like a Never-Time, Paradox or Chronoclysm Bomb can also have Erode effects. Targets are usually “destroyed” rather than “killed” by Erode attacks. Erode attacks do double damage (x2) against Earth, Metal and Toil Incarna.View alone
Gain Chi when they speak to a stranger or group of strangers.View alone
- Martial Arts
- Serene Powers
- Silent weapons
- Erode Attacks
- Erode Wounds
- Fluid Mechanics
- Learning - specific
- Library -specific
- Liquid technology
- Martial Art - Specific
- Monomolecular technology
- Near Silent weapons
- Nuclear Physics
- Number Theory
- Science - specific
- Sign Language
- Study - Specific
- Write Music
- Placid Pool
- Tranquil Grove
- Addicted (specify)
- Ambition (specific)
- Coffee achiever
- Custom (specify)
- External Power Source
- Fashion victim
- Habitual (specify)
- Hunger (specify)
- Lead by the nose
- Must be reloaded
- Must consume (specify) regularly
- Must eat meat to survive
- Needs Fuel
- Puppet of a greater power
- Red Tape
- Requires Batteries
When you need to model plants, or any wooden structure, or if you have a pressing need to play a sentient vegetable then you'll want to look at a Quiet Formation Facet.View alone
The Quiet Monster is exactly that, almost (or entirely) silent. It is the creeping death or the cat-footed predator that strikes without warning from ambush and vanishes without trace. Quiet Monsters may pull an play an additional card when they act silently.View alone
Gain Chi when you act silently, selfishly or alone.
Combat gain Chi when you draw a ♦View alone
Study Location, Object or Character
If the Ref says you need to study up on something, perhaps those looming mid-terms, then you can be assured the Quest is QuietView alone
Suspense is the lifeblood of the Thriller. The Quiet Tone It governs and is governed by the unknown, creating a need to know and sense of anticipation in the players.View alone
- NEED: Tranquility, the User cannot be affected by strong emotions.
- LIMIT: Must be used silently or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Practice, the User must practice the Annex for Annex Boon Reduced hours each week for Quiet Umbral Boon Reduced Weeks before they can activate. Failure to Practice will stop Annex from Activating.
- SPECIAL: Must roll over the Quiet Umbral Boon Value on a d200, Yin may be spent on d6’s to increase the roll to activate the Annex.
- FOCUS: Subtle, The Annex's use can be so subtle that it may require days of study to determine the complete effects of the Annex. Whilst there will be an immediate obvious effect, there will be other more subtle effects at play. Add Quiet Boon Reduced to the Pips of all Ordeal cards 'prepared' with this Annex.
- EXPAND: The Annex automatically activates in response to certain stimuli. When activated by the “trigger” the use does not use up a character’s action. This Nimbed is required to allow an Annex or Descendant to be added to an Ordeal Proficiency / Initiative roll. RT applies but not GRT (see also Rook “Passive” Nimbed).
- REWARD: Practice, Draw Quiet Nimbed Boon Double Reduced Extra cards in the Annex's action.
- TRICK: Sets, the Annex may play multiple cards of the same Pips as though they were a single card. E.g. Playing 5♠, 5♣, 5♦, 8♠ and 8♥ counts as playing only Two cards.