Passive, defensive and strategic based Annexes
If you are planning on playing a military man or if you are trying to build a Passive or defensive Annex then you probably want a Rook Root Facet.
Defensive and Protective Annexes
If you want to build a protective amulet, a suit of armour or just have a skill in Parrying then you want a Rook Channelling annex.View alone
Quash attacks are designed to destroy Descendants (especially weapon and armour props), rendering a victim open to other forms of attack.They have a tendency to destroy weapons, shields and armour props before affecting the characters own abilities. Quash attacks do double damage (x2) against Descendants (against Skill Descendants this is a +1 Wound Level automatically).View alone
The character is immune to one attack type or one level of Wound Dæmon (below the Rank of Carnage) E.g. all Fatal Wounds or all Hack woundsView alone
- Armour - specific
- Cloaking devices
- Computer ICE
- Computer Winter
- Containment systems
- Dodge blow
- Dome defences
- Electronic Security systems
- Field defences
- Gas masks
- Hand held shields
- Physical security systems
- Power defences
- Psiber defences
- Quash Attacks
- Quash Wounds
- Rallying speeches
- Safety Equipment
- Security systems
- Shroud defences
- Unit defences
- Vibro defences
- Vortex defences
- City Walls
- Defensive ditch
- Steep cliff
- Hunting Instinct
- Killed and replaced another
- Poor Etiquette
- Prejudiced (specify)
- Sharp tongued
- Wind (Gastric)
If you are trying to build a suit of armour or even a castle, you will require the Rook Incarna. If you want to play a smart shield or flak jacket then you will want a Rook Formation Facet. The Defence Incarna automatically grants a Descendant the Passive Rook nimbed.View alone
The Monster is a guardian, it guards a certain territory, path, treasure or person. It reduces all wounds caused to it by one level automatically.View alone
Gain Chi when you act to protect another, are relied upon for any task, or ask a question.
Combat gain Chi when you play a ♣ in defence.View alone
Secure/ Defend location, object or character
If an officer tells you to defend a door with your life, or if you have been tasked with securing the entrances and exits of an abandoned atmospheric processor colony building then you have gotten yourself into a Rook Quest.View alone
When the Tone is nice, peaceful and restful, when there is little or nothing going on in the plot right now, then you are probably enjoying the peacefulness of a Rook Tone.View alone
- NEED: Danger, will only activate if the Ordeal Stakes are High.
- LIMIT: Halve Score if used offensively.
- SACRIFICE: Success, cumulative -Rook Umbral Boon Reduced from the Score each time the Annex is used in a Scene.
- SPECIAL: Saving Throw, Target and User both roll Rook, if the Target rolls higher they receive a Proficiency in "Resist (this Annex)" (assuming they have a free Proficiency Slot) and the Score is Halved for this action.
- FOCUS: The effects of the Annex defend themselves rather than be dispelled. Wounds add Rook Nimbed Boon Reduced to their Pips for Healing, Descendants receive a "Defence" Skill with a Boon equal to the Rook Nimbed Boon.
- EXPAND: Passive. The Annex is rests between uses in a passive mode (using the last active roll's score). Senses and Defences often have this Nimbed. In combat a Defence such as Armour with this Nimbed is always able to play Rook Nimbed Boon Reduced Ordeal cards in defence from your pool.
- REWARD: Success, add One Success Level to any action or card Rook Nimbed Boon Reduced times per day.
- TRICK: Club Flush, any time the Annex plays more than one Club all Clubs are One Level Higher.