Fate, Destiny, Magic, Law, Judgement based Annexes
If you want to play a Law Lord, a mage or a Judge you might need some Annexes with a Wyrd Root Facet
Magic, Chi, Law, Judgment, Reward and Punishment Annexes
If you need to build a magic spell that manipulates Chi or Punishes the guilty then you probably need a Wyrd Channelling FacetView alone
Wyrd attacks can be used to capture (and Confine) as well as kill. Additionally snares can be set, and left to attack later on their own. A prepared snare wound can sit waiting as a trap, until someone blunders into it (in fact all traps are essentially snare attacks [although the actual wound type does vary from attack to attack]). Disabling a Snare requires defeating it twice (initially dodging, parrying or ignoring it with a Club ♣ and then disabling it with a Diamond ♦ of equal or higher Pips) otherwise it may affect anyone else that moves through the area/Stage. Snares usually take a while to set (you can't dig a pit trap as easily as swinging a shovel at someone) unless using Magic. Ref's decide.View alone
Chi/Sway cost or difficulty for one chosen effect is halved. (E.g. Reload for 4 Chi, specific sidestep for half price, increase Scale for 1/4 Max Chi, etc.)View alone
- Fortune Telling
- Significator - specific
- Sixth Sense
- Snare Attacks
- Snare Wounds
- Totem Animal - specific
- Wyrd Lore
- Faery glen
- Faery mound
- Police Precinct
- Police Station
- Wizard’s Tower
- Assisted at their own birth
- Attacked by Dæmon/ Fæ
- Cursed (specify)
- Doomed (specify)
- Haunted (specify)
- Heirloom (specify)
- Incurable Romantic
- Legend (specify)
- Lives in interesting times
- Lucky / Unlucky Number
- Medium (to any passing spirit)
- Mysterious Vanishing (specify)
- Mystery Birthmark (specify)
- Own Ancestor
- Part of multiple birth
- Prophesy (specify)
- Saw self born
- Spirit guide (to any passing Medium)
- Star crossed (specify)
- Temporal Paradox
- Weirdo Magnet
- Will be killed by (specify)
Curses, magick and the magical creatures of the Wyrd (Fairies, or Fæ if you prefer), and some Eelafin and Solos may have a Wyrd IncarnaView alone
The monster is a creature of the Fæ, it can draw and play Yarn cards or Wyrd Tarot cards. The Wyrd Monster usually has a Wyrd hand with extra cards equal to its Scale Reduced (minimum of +1). A powerful Wyrd Monster might have up to 14 cards.View alone
Gain Chi when you ask questions, act impartially or are asked for your opinion or verdict.
Combat gain Chi when you prepare with a ♣View alone
Capture Location, Object, Character or Judge Character
If you are asked to sit in judgement on a decision, or if you must bring in a no good gang of horse rustlers, or just capture hill 14 before dawn, then you may be ensnared in a Wyrd Quest.View alone
When dark wizards gather to perform dark deeds, or elves sing then you may be surrounded by a Wyrd Tone.View alone
- NEED: Doom, must have a Wyrd Tarot hand (or Yarn Cards) with Pips equal to Annex Boon Reduced.
- LIMIT: Only works in liminal spaces and times (e.g. At midnight, dusk, dawn, in a doorway or hedge) or Halve Score
- SACRIFICE: Mana (Annex Boon Double Reduced Chi).
- SPECIAL: All recent effects created by the Annex (Ref decides how recently) are instantly undone if the Annex is Crippled for any reason. E.g. A wizard that loses their Wizardry will lose his magical buffs and may even lose his summoned familiar or tower.
- FOCUS: Doom, Draw Wyrd Nimbed Boon Reduced Wyrd Tarot cards and play Wyrd Nimbed Boon Double Reduced immediately, discard the others.
- EXPAND: In Liminal Spaces and Times add One Success Level
- REWARD: Mana (The Annex generates Wyrd Boon Double Reduced Yarn or Twists each use).
- TRICK: Inevitable, if Wound cards played during the Annex's action fail to penetrate armour or defences, or if inevitable defences fail to stop a Wound, they Draw a card to replace the failed one and add Wyrd Nimbed Boon Reduced Pips.