If you want a character to be an actor, painter, sculptor or a musician then you will want an Awe Root.
Emotional and Spiritual Annexes
If you need a character with Mesmeric, Charming, or even Shamanistic powers then you'll want an Awe Channel.View alone
Duck attacks force the defender to duck and dive for cover. Duck attacks are often the result of Fear based attacks. Duck attacks cause double damage (x2) when causing Distract or Flesh wounds.View alone
The Character may choose one Nimbed effect and add it to any Annex for an activation cost of that Facet’s Boon Reduced x2 Sway (Boon Reduced Chi).View alone
- Art (Specific)
- Colour (specific)
- Duck Attacks
- Duck Wounds
- Mental Strength
- Nerves of Steel
- Poker Face
- Style (Specific)
- Totem (Specific)
- Vacant Expression
- Sacred Sites
Fear (either having or causing Fear)
- Cause Fear
- Fears that which can harm it
- Phobia (Specific)
- Repulsed by - Specific
- The Creeps
As Awe is the Facet of Spirit its Incarna is Spirit. The Ka is the living soul that leaves the body upon death in the ancient religion of Egypt and echoes of this belief are found within most religions. Pick this Facet Incarna if you are wanting to play a ghost or nature spirit, or perhaps a Djinn or Familiar.View alone
The Monster is a Fear or Anxiety embodied. They are quite diverse in form but are always able to cause Psychology Test attacks such as Fear, Terror or Horror.View alone
Gain Chi when you are respected, honoured, worshipped or adored – you have someone's undivided attention, or answer a question.
Combat gain Chi when you play a ♦ to attack a target.View alone
Brave location, object or monster / Charm character
The Quest may send the adventurers to a dangerous location, or to face a terrible monster or object, or instead they may simply have to charm an old woman they meet upon the way so that she will tell the secret of soothing the beast. Or perhaps they have to persuade their new boss to send them on that new job. The point is that the character on the Quest will have to use their Awe Facet to the best of their ability.View alone
Any story that has an Awe Tone is going to be emotional. Whether its the heart-breaking plight of a boy and his dog, or a cancer-ridden mother trying to do the best for her children before she dies, this is the Tone of sad stories that are low on action, but high in characterisation.View alone
- NEED: Must be in a specific Emotional state to activate (e.g. Happy).
- LIMIT: Emotional effects only or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Spiritual (Awe Umbral Boon Reduced Yang).
- SPECIAL: Audience (must have an Audience of at least Annex Boon Double Reduced as Yarn: e.g Boon 50 = 15-51 people)
- FOCUS: Annex affects Target's Personality Annex by preference
- EXPAND: Art, add One Card Psychological Test (Fear).
- REWARD: Spiritual (Gain Awe Nimbed Boon Reduced Chi).
- TRICK: Artistry, when playing any Ace immediately Draw and Play an additional card.
Object, Ownership and wealth based Annexes
If you want an Annex based around owning things then Burden is the Root for you.
Mass and ownership Annexes
If you want an Annex that grants you control over masses or grants you ownership of things then Burden is the Channel you require.View alone
Pound attacks are crushing and pulverizing, they rarely break the skin instead breaking bones more often. Pound attacks do triple damage (x3) when causing Maiming wounds.View alone
When the character is holding/wearing or using a specific descendant/trophy/monolith/artefact add a success level.View alone
- Heavy tools
- Desktop Computers
- Dum-dum bullets
- Elemental Earth
- Extremely heavy objects (191+kg)
- Gas Masks
- Heavy objects (83kg - 131 kg)
- Heavy things
- Jewel classification
- Light objects (12kg or less)
- Man portable (32kg - 51kg)
- Man-sized objects (51kg - 83kg)
- Material (specific)
- Medium objects (12kg - 32kg)
- Pound Attacks
- Pound Wounds
- Prop (specific)
- Rock (specific)
- Very heavy objects (131kg - 190kg)
- Allergy to Specific substance
- Burnt by -specify
- Burnt by consecrated ground
- Burnt by sunlight
- Vulnerable to specific substance...
Burden is the Incarna Facet to choose if you wish to build a statue, or play a living rock. Gemstones, Earth Elementals (Gnomes) and buildings can also share this Incarna.View alone
The Monster is an object imbued with the semblance of life. Artificial in nature usually, the living object is tough and strong, able to double scores when appropriate for their form.View alone
Gain Chi when you make a material gain, take or accept something, or ask for more.
Combat gain Chi when you draw a ♣ in combatView alone
Obtain (location/character or object)
This quest would have the characters try to get, gather or acquire a specific or type of location, character or object.View alone
A story that is dark in Tone is a down-beat tale, often creepy, sinister or morbid.View alone
- NEED: Prop, must have a specific Physical Descendant (of cost at least equal to Annex Boon Reduced) that is not in GRT to activate.
- LIMIT: Physical effects only or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Wealth (Annex Boon Double Reduced Chi)
- SPECIAL: Slow, add Burden Umbral Boon Reduced to Annex's RT.
- FOCUS: Annex affects Target's Physical Descendants by preference
- EXPAND: Echoes, one card played during Annex action may be recovered played again during GRT
- REWARD: Wealth (Gain Burden Nimbed Boon Reduced Chi)
- TRICK: Durable, add Burden Nimbed Boon Reduced to Difficulty to dispel effects.
Practical, object creation, maintenance and repair Annexes
If you want to build something or repair something, if you want to be a plumber, builder, smith or mechanic then you will want a Craft Rooted Annex.
Delicate, precision or complex Annexes.
If you wish to build a Master or Virtuoso Annex, that allows you delicate control then this is the Channel to choose.View alone
Crash attacks affect vehicles and equipment, people generally have to be hit by a vehicle or be in a vehicle to suffer a crash attack. Technology and vehicle Descendants and Characters receive triple as many wounds from Crash attacks (x3).View alone
Add Craft Boon Reduced to all Skill Annex rolls and all Item Creation Ordeal cards.View alone
- Agricultural items
- Blind Fighting
- Circus skills
- Crash Attacks
- Crash Wounds
- Domestic Appliances
- Gem cutting
- Holographic Tanks
- Horticultural items
- Industrial items
- Laboratory Tools
- Literary Expertise
- Locksmith's tools
- Magic (specific)
- Make (specific)
- Management Techniques
- Measure (specific)
- Measuring Devices
- Molecular Assembler
- Monomolecular tools
- Musical Instruments
- Occupation (Specific)
- Paramedical equipment
- Power Tools
- Prepare Poisons and Antidotes
- Secretarial skills
- Setting up
- Special Equiment
- Sporting Implements
- Surgical Implements
- Tatooing Implements
- Technology (Specific)
- Tool (specific)
- Vehicle (Specific)
- Wood Carving
- Work songs
- Building sites
- Engine rooms
- Wizard’s towers
- Drop out
- Missing Childhood
- Need (specific)
- No Cash
- Want (specific)
Toil (High craft of prolonged time)
Craft is the Incarna to pick if you wish to play or build a carefully constructed, fiddly mechanical thing. You might want a robot or mechanimal to be made from Toil, many works of art are actually made from Craft.View alone
The Monster is actually a creator of other Monsters. The spawn are often less powerful than the creator, but in some cases are unique and more powerful. The creator may not be directly encountered until late in the Story.View alone
Gain Chi when you create something (a descendant - prop or location), use an object (prop/monolith/artefact) you have created or give another character a creation.
Combat gain Chi when you use a Descendant you have created in combat.View alone
Build object or location / Work for Character
When the Ref wants the characters to create something or work for somebody this is the Quest to use.View alone
A Creative Tone is common in stories about art. If the story is about production, creation of an item then you may want to use a Creative Tone.View alone
- NEED: Proficiencies, must have Annex Boon Double Reduced appropriate Proficiencies (preferred for Descendant)
- LIMIT: May only affect Skills (including Descendants and Extras) or Halve Score
- SACRIFICE: Preparation, Ordeal cards with Pips equal to Annex Boon Reduced must be spent on Preparing the Annex - which are then discarded.
- SPECIAL: Delicate, Wounds that target the Annex gain a Level.
- FOCUS: The Annex is highly adaptable, programmable, changeable or controllable. Add a Success Level to any well described use at Ref's discretion.
- EXPAND: Add a Success Level Craft Boon Reduced times a day.
- REWARD: Preparation, Draw and play a card in preparation.
- TRICK: Delicate, add Craft Nimbed Boon Reduced to any Diamond played in Preparation or Creation.
Political or Social Annexes
If you want a fast-talk, spin-doctor, politics, or lie detector Annex you will want a Dominion Root.
Control or psychological Annexes
If you want to have a Hypnosis, Remote control, Piloting, or Driving Annex you may want a Dominion Channelling Facet.View alone
Explode attacks do exactly that. They cause the target to partially or completely explode. The Explode wound will multiply itself to affect a number of additional Targets equal to the total Wound Class +1 (see Ordeal Cards) however all Range costs apply from the original Target as Braced firing, so the damage reduces with distance from the centre. You may still add additional targets with a +3 to Difficulty for each target.View alone
Gain Chi when you give orders, exert authority or power.View alone
- Area Knowledge
- Atmospheric Scrubbers
- Bullet shaped
- Computer Language (specific)
- Control (specific)
- Domestic Skills
- Explode Attacks
- Explode Wounds
- Food Processor
- Group (specific)
- Land Mines
- Language (specific)
- Mathematical Group Theory
- Neural web
- Physical Defence Systems
- Profession (specific)
- Public Speaking
- Shape (specific)
- World Wide Web
- Guild Halls
- Town Hall
- Town Square
- Compulsion (Specific)
- Fetish (specific)
- Madness (specific)
- Mania (specific)
- Multiple Personality Disorder
- Neurosis (specify)
- Obsession (specify)
- Psychosis (specify)
When you want to play or build a society or social construct (such as a Pact, a Guild, a Company or even a family), or if you wish to play a social insect hive (or a Vermis Bulmäs) then you want a Dominion Incarna.View alone
The Monster is a group or swarm of lesser monsters, it might be an Army, a pack of Bulmäs, a Fortress or a Battle Moon.View alone
Gain Chi when your orders are followed, you make suggestions, ask questions, or you succeed alone
Combat gain Chi when you play any card on or for an ally.View alone
Control (Location/Object/Character), Lead (Character/group), Join (group/character)
If the Ref wants the players to keep Control of something, to lead an army or join a guild that's a Dominion Quest.View alone
Dense plots about people and societies fill this Tone. The Political Tone is often about shady backroom deals, subtle maneuverings, secrets and private vendettas.View alone
- NEED: Pact, must have a specific Pact Descendant of cost at least equal to Annex Boon.
- LIMIT: Maximum number of targets (Annex Boon Double Reduced as Yarn) if affecting more Targets Halve Score
- SACRIFICE: Political / Social (Dominion Umbral Boon Reduced Yang).
- SPECIAL: May only be used as directed or requested by another
- FOCUS: Mastery, add a Success Level when used with an additional appropriate Proficiency.
- EXPAND: Add a Success Level when affecting multiple Targets.
- REWARD: Political / Social (Gain Dominion Nimbed Boon Reduced Chi).
- TRICK: Area of effect, the Annex may affect an Area (see Sway Table) equal in size to the Dominion Nimbed Boon Reduced as Yarn.
Secretive, occult or Mysterious Annexes.
If you have secret training, have joined a secret society or are a master occultist then Enigma is probably the Root Annex for you.
Hiding, confusing, Annexes
If you have the gift of the gab, want to hide in plain sight or dazzle and confound people your Annex wants to have an Enigma Channelling Facet.View alone
Ambushes are attacks designed to surprise and shock the enemy. Ambushes double the damage (x2) of any Distract or Flesh wounds that they manage to land.View alone
May choose any one Wyrd Tarot card as a significator and may play any card, calling it their significator by paying the Face value of the significator in Sway. E.g. Fay can play a two of spades and call it a “Spot Hidden” by paying 6 points of Chi.View alone
- Secret Powers
- Ambush Attacks
- Ambush Wounds
- Circus Skills
- Cloaking Devices
- Computer SNO
- Concealed Weaponry
- Concealed Firearms
- Elude Pursuit
- Holographic Disrupters
- Image disrupters
- Near Silent weapons
- Slight of hand
- X-dimensional theory
- Dark places/caves/forests
- Hidden places
- Secret Rooms
- Absent Minded
- Hard of hearing
- Inaudible/Invisible in specific environment
- Incomprehensible Dialect (specify)
- Insubstantial in specific enviroment
- Memory wiped and replaced (specify)
- Mental Block (specific)
- Mistaken Identity
- No reflection
- No shadow
- Only reflects in (specify)
- Reminiscent of something else
- Shadow creature
- Speech Impediment (specify)
- Strong Accent (specify)
- Unusual Accent (specify)
- Wears glasses
Riddle (Codes, Puzzles).
If you are trying to create a code, or a puzzle, or if you are wanting to play a enigmatic creature of unknown origin then Enigma is the Incarna for you.View alone
The Monster is a shadowy figure pulling strings behind the scenes. This may just be an ordinary villain, but their ability to pass unnoticed should be bordering upon the unnatural. Perhaps they use psychic powers or magic to pass unnoticed, perhaps they are a hacking whiz, able to bounce phone calls through international relays with some multinational or another picking up the tab without realizing, perhaps they are one of the Huldra, the hidden people - who may be the Fæ or maybe they are actually the imaginary friend of one of the characters now made real(ish) by an alien or a Dæmon.View alone
Gain Chi when you confuse another or pose a question.
Combat gain Chi when you play any Distract card.View alone
If the plot requires something to be hidden by the Characters then the Ref will be wanting an Enigma Quest.View alone
Perhaps a murderer is afoot, or perhaps there is a deeper mystery abroad. Things are mysterious, evidence doesn't add up, or is missing altogether, perhaps the mystery is who the corpse is or how they got to the top of the mountain in scuba gear... this is not an average police procedural.View alone
- NEED: Secrecy, the Annex must be used in secret.
- LIMIT: When acting directly on a Target Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Occult (Enigma Umbral Boon Reduced Yin).
- SPECIAL: Questions, must ask Umbral Boon Reduced questions to activate.
- FOCUS: Add a Success Level when the User is unobserved or hidden.
- EXPAND: Add a Success Level to any Failures with this Annex.
- REWARD: Occult, the effect of this Annex is hidden, undetectable or untraceable (Difficulty to spot Enigma Nimbed Boon). In combat an attack (or defence) with this Nimbed requires extra Pips (equal to the Enigma Nimbed Boon Reduced) to defend (or penetrate).
- TRICK: Secretive, may play Preparation cards face down.
Water, Anger and Negative emotion based Annexes
If you want a Character with Water-bending, Anger-based Psychokinesis or a Poltergeist then Fury is the Annex Root for you.
Aggression, Noise and Action Annexes
The ideal Channelling Facet for any Machine-gun toting action hero or rock guitarist is Fury.View alone
Bedlam attacks affect the mind of the target, they can be used to represent terror/horror attacks, shell shock and direct mental blasts as well as prolonged contact with Madness. Bedlam attacks do double damage (x2) against Inspiration, Dreams and Lie Incarna and double (x2) Distract Wounds.View alone
Gain Chi when you lose your temper, shout, or argue.View alone
- Emotional/Empathic powers especially aggressive
- battle cries
- bedlam attacks
- bedlam wounds
- elemental water
- jet engines
- liquid weapons
- martial art (specific)
- steam power
- water pistols
- white water
- Accidentally killed friend/family member
- Adopted as child
- Born as a result of rape
- Deliberately killed friend
- Framed for murder of friend/kin
- Guardian died
- Had to give own child up for adoption
- Killed family pet
- Lost child (in birth, because ...)
- Lost love
- Love married another
- Mother attempted to terminate pregnancy
- Never knew parents
- No childhood
- Only surviving member of family
- Parent died before birth
- Part of multiple birth
- Person of your dreams already married
- Regret (specific)
- Rejected by family (specify)
- Sold family member
- Speed raised to adulthood (specify)
- Watched Guardian or Family member die
- Watched friend die
- lost object
All liquids are descended from or are siblings of Elemental Water. Ever changing and unpredictable it is a very suitable Incarna for any liquids, potions or water nymphs, sirens or undines.View alone
The Monster is the embodiment of an Emotion, usually a negative one. Such Monsters are often capable of supernatural actions, such as telepathy, shape-shifting, or even undying.View alone
Gain Chi when you are honest, blunt, direct or act quickly.
Combat gain Chi when you play a ♣ to attack.View alone
If the plot involves throwing a ring in a Volcano, blowing up an orbital fortress or laying to rest a powerful Necromancer then Fury is the Quest you want.View alone
Whether its diving through plate glass, car chases, shoot outs, punch-ups, dangling over precipices or just buckling that swash action is about movement, quickly rising body counts and danger. Action Tone is low in Tension, being more about explosions and set pieces than tactical combat, but it can get gritty and real as well.View alone
- NEED: Must be in a specific emotional state to activate (e.g. Angry).
- LIMIT: Must make noise or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Blood, Sweat & Tears (Annex Boon Double Reduced Success Levels Sacrificed on Failure).
- SPECIAL: All cards must be played on a single effect and target.
- FOCUS: Annex may set the Tone to the match Annex Root or Channel.
- EXPAND: Intimidation, add One Card Psychological Test (Fear)
- REWARD: Blood, Sweat & Tears, any Wound caused by the Annex is automatically aggravated One Level.
- TRICK: Furious, Annex may Play an additional card on the Annex's action.
Hand or breath based Annexes
If you want to build an Annex for a painter or a dragon then a Gossamer Root is a good place to start.
Strength, sound or textile Annexes
When you are building a strong-man, a singer or musician, or even a web-slinging silk-worm themed superhero then they might need a Gossamer Channelling Facet.View alone
Rip attacks are the types of attacks made by strong powerful forces, like a bear’s claws. Maiming and Crippling attacks created by a Rip attack are doubled (x2).View alone
Gain Chi whenever you recite your catchphrase or strike a dramatic pose.View alone
- alchemical tones
- powered armour
- psionic powers
- alchemical tones
- canvas duct tape
- climb rope
- clothing (specific)
- elemental air
- gas (specific)
- handdrawn ranged weapons
- handheld sheilds
- marsh gas
- power defences
- retard defences
- rip attacks
- rip wounds
- sticky substances
- stringed instruments
- wind instruments
- engine room
- generator room
- high rise building
- market square
- suspension bridge
- ventilation duct. wind blasted moor
- Additional Bodypart (specify)
- Birthmark (Specify)
- Born by Cesarean section
- Congenital birth defect
- Deformed (specify)
- Emotionally deformed (specify)
- Missing Bodypart (specific)
- Missing Personality trait (specify)
- Siamese twins
Elemental Air (Gases)
Need to build a gaseous weapon, or want to play a Sylph? Then Gossamer is the Incarna for you.View alone
The Monster is immensely physically powerful, although often its form may not reveal it. It often demonstrates supernatural power as well as strength and toughness. Such monsters are often immune to Mortal Wounds always able to slink off instead of dying.View alone
Gain Chi when being defeated, you disagree, or follow orders.
Combat gain Chi when attacked with a ♠.View alone
Remember the Alamo? Helmsdeep? Well these are examples of the Gossamer Quest, so is any Quest to keep a Character prisoner or perhaps keep hold of a treasure.View alone
Whether its a bunch of off-duty army doctors playing cards, men or women in the barbershop or beauty parlour there's plenty to like about the Conversational tone of the Gossamer Facet. You can tell whole stories and examine deep into a conflict with nothing more than a conversation.View alone
- NEED: Must be used in a loud or windy environment.
- LIMIT: Physical contact with Target must be made or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Words, must speak Annex Boon Reduced syllables to activate.
- SPECIAL: Fumble, the Annex can go wrong if you roll minimum on the Gossamer Boon die. The Referee may control the Annex's action and make it attack the User or an Ally.
- FOCUS: Can use scenery, atmosphere, and weather to add a Success Level at Referee's discretion
- EXPAND: Strong, add Gossamer Nimbed Boon Reduced to Annex Boon.
- REWARD: Words, the Annex will allow a message of Gossamer Nimbed Boon Reduced Words to be transferred to the Target and for the Target to respond the same, during the Annex's action.
- TRICK: Bounces, may Draw and Play an additional card to pay for extra Targets (+3 Pips per Target). Defences with this Nimbed can bounce Gossamer Nimbed Boon Double Reduced cards back on the attacker once per Scene.
Fiction, Banned or Heretical Annexes
If you want an Annex that represents forbidden magic or technnology, perhaps you're after that clone army you've always wanted, then you might need a Heresy Root.
Lies, Deception and Fiction Annexes
Every writer, actor or conman will want at least one Annex with a Heresy Channelling Facet.View alone
Malign attacks are not physical in nature, they destroy the perceived character of the target. They can be considered as simple as name-calling, can be complex witty and cruel, or can be a targeted destruction of their character in the press. Distract wounds created by Malign attacks are Tripled (x3).View alone
Character may choose a second personality and gain Chi from it also. Characters may change this second personality for Heresy Boon Reduced points of Chi.View alone
- False ID’s
- alien psychology
- deviant behaviour
- drug manufacture
- fake body language
- fictional characters
- fictional places
- forbidden lore
- fortean knowledge
- implanted technology
- magic lore (specific)
- malign attacks
- malign wounds
- red herrings
- sword swallowing
- tale telling
- toon lore
- toon psychology
- toon technology
- undead lore
- unorthodox philosophy
- writing implement
- Buildings with Facades
- Inner City Location
- Behavioural Taboo
- Break Taboo (specify)
- Eating Taboo
- Embargo (specify)
- Excessive Etiquette
- Forbidden to (specify)
- Mascot (specify)
- Reject Doctrine (specify)
- Sexual Taboo
- Superstition (specify)
- Talisman (specify)
Whether you are constructed a delicately balanced web of deceit, writing a pulp sci-fi ebook, or want to play an escaped fictional character on the run in the real world then Heresy is the Incarna Facet for you.View alone
The Monster is looks entirely like something else. Perhaps they are a Demon in the form of an innocent child, or maybe they are a shape-shifter or face-dancer, able to change their appearance as they like, then again perhaps they're just the old Janitor in a monster costume.View alone
Gain Chi when your actions are unique, or you lie, cheat, or mislead another – or deviate from normal behaviour.
Combat gain Chi when you play a ♥ to attack.View alone
Infiltrate Location or Group; or Lie to/about character/object
If characters must infiltrate a secret society of enemy town, or if they need to spread disinformation then Heresy is probably the Quest they are using.View alone
Whether we are talking about fighting dragons in lonely mountain caves, facing ten thousands orcs from a fortress wall, creeping through the secret passageways of a wizard's tower or disarming megalithic dead-fall traps created by long-lost inhuman civilizations then you might be playing in a Fantasy Tone.View alone
- NEED: Communication, a message must be passed or spoken to the target.
- LIMIT: Cannot be used in Specific Circumstance or Environment or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Accuracy, never completely accurate. Will activate, but Opponent/Ref may Draw and Play Annex Boon Double Reduced Ordeal Cards to represent inaccuracy)
- SPECIAL: Fabrication, all effects can be undone, or destroyed, more easily (Umbral Boon Reduced from difficulty to dispel)
- FOCUS: Mislead, the Annex looks and acts like another type of Annex and can even leave Red Herring (Heresy Boon based) clues.
- EXPAND: Indirect, the Annex can work through another Character or Descendant. (E.g. Eelafin Senses can have this Nimbed allowing the Eelafin to perceive through the senses of nearby animals).
- REWARD: Accuracy, add Heresy Nimbed Boon Reduced as accidently discovered truths or Pips of Penetration or Range.
- TRICK: Feint, any time the Annex plays a Distract it may automatically Draw and Play another card.
Momentum, mass and survival Annexes
If you are building a strongman or wilderness survival expert you probably will want an Inertia Root Facet
Motion and Endurance Annexes
If you are playing a top notch pilot, a bus driver or an Iron-Man athlete you will want an Inertia Channelling Facet.View alone
Slash attacks are the classic Wound Dæmon. Teeth, claws, and knives cause them, a deep scratch that bleeds and can include cut muscle tissue. Slash wounds triple the number of Flesh wounds caused (x3).View alone
If the character takes their time they will automatically completely succeed (cannot be used during combat.) for a cost of one Chi.View alone
- Past lives
- visions of the past and future
- artificial gravity
- comic timing
- guidance systems
- hold breath
- lying down
- slash wounds
- slashing attacks
- Clock tower
- Moving vehicle
- Transport station
- Adopted Child
- Duty to (specify)
- Honour bound
- Protect (specify)
- Religion (specify)
- Serve (specify)
- "Yes Master"
- Younger sibling
If you want to manipulate time creating a save-point Chronolith event, or play a being that is a living moment then you will be wanting an Inertia Incarna.View alone
The Monster is inexorable, it does not stop and cannot be killed by any normal means. Inertial Monsters are immune to Mortal and Carnage wounds until stacked out. They do not gain additional Handicaps.View alone
Gain Chi when you succeed without paying any cost, get someone else to do it, or have a rest.
Combat gain Chi when you draw a ♠View alone
Survive (Location / Object / Character / Monster / Trial)
When winning is not an option sometimes the Quest just becomes about survival, whether its surviving on a desert island, not being blown up by a mine-field, not getting killed by a rival gang or surviving a rite of passage then you might be in an Inertia Quest.View alone
When a story occasionally has to skip months, years or generations of time, or if the plot is of world shattering importance then you might be involved in an Inertia Tone EpicView alone
- NEED: Relative Motion, Target and/or User must be moving.
- LIMIT: Score Halved if User is moving.
- SACRIFICE: Time, the User must wait (taking a Half-Action only) Annex Boon Double Reduced RT phases (or Pips are discarded on RT) before Activation.
- SPECIAL: Charging Time, the User of the Annex must charge as though in GRT equal to the Inertia Umbral Boon Double Reduced (1) before use. Charging Time reduces GRT after Activation.
- FOCUS: Relative Motion, if the User and Target are moving relative to each other add a Success Level.
- EXPAND: Causes motion in the Target (Inertia Nimbed Boon metres for small objects and Inertia Nimbed Boon Reduced for other Characters and larger objects).
- REWARD: Time, the target of the Annex (or the Defence that stops the Annex) is affected by an immediate GRT equal to the Inertia Nimbed Boon Double Reduced.
- TRICK: Momentum, any Spade with a face value lower or equal to Inertia Nimbed Boon Reduced x2 may add directly to the Pips of the card it is attacking with. E.g. Play a Five of Spades (Flesh) as preparation and then a Jack of diamonds (Crippling) to create a Carnage wound (and a random second card).
Jokes and Humour based Annexes
If it's meant to be funny then you want Jeer as the Root Facet
Illusions, Deceptions, Satire and Mimicry Annexes
If you want to play a master illusionist, an actor or a conman then you may want a Jeer Channelling Facet
Freeze attacks can consist of Cold or more likely simply causing people to stand confused and ineffectually. Freeze attacks can result from a Fear/Terror/ Horror test or from cold based attacks. Distract and Flesh wounds caused by Freeze attacks are doubled (x2).View alone
Gain Chi and +1 success level when another nearby laughs.View alone
- freeze attacks
- freeze wounds
- holographic tanks
- illusion (specific)
- mimic (specific)
- model making
- silly walks
- stunt vocalist
- trojan horses
- vacant expression
- Joke shop
- Night Club
- Birthmark (specify)
- Brightly Coloured
- Easily recognized
- Environmental change near char...
- Faked Death (specify)
- Felon (specify)
- From another planet
- Not from around these parts
- Smells of... (specify)
- Strong smelling
- Suspect in a crime
- True Name (controlled by)
- Wanted (on posters, dead or alive)
- from another dimension
Whether you want to create an illusionary wall, a hologram, or if you want to play a Toon, hallucination or a mockery of human life risen from the grave then the Jeer Incarna is for you.View alone
The monster is a mockery - usually a corpse animated by a low-level Increated to create Undead, but it may be a ghost, a machine or even an animal that mocks something else. The monster may even be a hallucination.View alone
Gain Chi when they copy another’s actions, are mistaken for what they mimic, or make a copy of an item.
Combat gain Chi when you play the same suit or wound class of card as the last card played.View alone
Whether the Ref sees the plot as trying to duplicate a particular object or location or perhaps a character, or if the players will just be plagued by kids playing 'copycat' then you want a Jeer QuestView alone
Comedies come in many types, from the classical confusion based comedy, the comedy of manners through to gross-out comedies of the modern age. The only thing that unites them all is that it is meant to be funny. There may be witty banter, spoof scenarios or just general tomfoolery but it is all Jeer Tone.View alone
- NEED: Humour, someone must be laughing to Activate.
- LIMIT: Must make use of the Location and scenery or Halve Score
- SACRIFICE: Dignity, (Jeer Umbral Boon Reduced Yin).
- SPECIAL: Limited Duration (Jeer Umbral Boon as Yarn) after which effects may fade. (E.g. After a few minutes Wounds caused by the Annex will disappear)
- FOCUS: Humour, add Jeer Boon die to the Score/Pips if the action is humorous, funny or mimics another.
- EXPAND: The Annex has its effect regardless of any intervening obstacles or defences (unless those obstacles or defences have Annexes containing this Nimbed also). In combat, if the attack is successfully defended against (without this Nimbed) or fails because of Range then the Target immediately draws Jeer Nimbed Boon Double Reduced cards as unsoakable wounds.
- REWARD: Dignity (Gain Jeer Nimbed Boon Reduced Chi).
- TRICK: Hearts Flush, anytime the Annex plays more than one Heart all Hearts are one Level higher.
Logical, Intelligence, Investigation based Annexes
If you want to play an Edwardian Consulting Detective, policeman, scientist or philosopher then you probably want an Annex with a Key Root Facet.
Senses, Perception, Lockpicking and Penetration Annexes
If you want an Annex to allow you to sense, perceive, open or enter something or somewhere then you want a Key Channelling Facet.View alone
Jab attacks are a standard of punches and quick stabs. Most bayonet wounds are Jab type; bullets also generally leave a Jab wound behind too. Jab attacks are particularly helpful against creatures that bleed (Flesh Incarna) and double Mortal Wounds (x2).View alone
The character has an extra sense, often a danger sense or sixth sense. This is built as a free annex based on the Key Facet Boon (1-11 Skill, 12-21 Talent, 22-26 Power).View alone
- Mental Powers
- E.S.P. Eusaivean chips
- I.C. Breakers
- armour piercing
- bypass security
- danger sense
- data entry devices
- edge bullets
- jab attacks
- jab wounds
- jewel assessment
- learning (specific)
- measuring devices
- note making
- particle detector
- sense (specific)
- spot hidden spotting
- Locked room
- Research facility
- Bound (specify)
- Cannot approach (specify)
- Cannot cross running water
- Cloistered (specify)
- Diurnal biological clock
- Doesn't get out much
- Enthralled (specify)
- Fettered (specify)
- Jurisdiction (specify)
- Limitation (specify)
- Must be summoned
- Must possess to survive (specify)
- Nocturnal Biological clock
- Not capable of travel
- Repulsed by (specify)
- Shut in
If you want to build a meme, a memory or play a being composed of pure thought then Key is the Incarna for you.View alone
The Monster is a hunter or tracker, it should favour harrying attacks and hit and run tactics. Typically such a Monster will vanish or flee if it is wounded, only to reappear when healed. The hunter may be fooled by false trails, but never for long. Hunters are usually immune to Carnage and Mortal Wounds until the Zenith of the story (such wounds are taken as Crippling Wounds instead).View alone
Gain Chi when you ask or answer a question, look for clues, or penetrate defences.
Combat gain Chi when you play a ♠ to prepare.View alone
If the adventure involves trying to find information about someone or something or trying to locate a place, person or thing then you probably have a Key Quest.View alone
When an adventure is about clues, and puzzles that can be solved, whether it be a police procedural, scientific investigation, or a gung-ho reporter the Tone is Investigative and the Facet Key.View alone
- NEED: Information, User must have information about the target before Activation
- LIMIT: Mental effects only or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Thoughts, (Annex Boon Double Reduced Chi).
- SPECIAL: Must have a witnessable effect or leave traceable evidence.
- FOCUS: Information, the Annex will reveal Key Nimbed Boon Reduced pieces of information about the target that may be pertinent E.g. Handicaps, Umbrals, Personality, Geometry, I-Ching, etc.
- EXPAND: Penetrating, against targets with defences the Annex gains a Penetration bonus. All attacking Ordeal cards add Key Nimbed Boon Reduced Pips of Penetration.
- REWARD: Thoughts, (Gain Key Nimbed Boon Reduced Chi)
- TRICK: Straight, when playing cards any cards that form a sequence(e.g. Q♣,K♦,A♠) all count as the Highest Wound Level in the straight (or One Level Higher if they are all the same).
Dream, Game, Luck, Freedom based Annexes
If you want an Annex for a rebel, a dreamer or a gamer then you want a Liberty Root Facet
Luck, Magic, Escapology, Games, Annexes
If you are playing a pinball wizard or just a lucky son-of-a-gun then you are going to want a Liberty Channelling AnnexView alone
Overload attacks like crash attacks work best on equipment, however Overload attacks work best on delicate electrical equipment. Character senses can also be overloaded. Distract wounds are doubled (x2) for Overloads and Maiming and Crippling wounds target sensory proficiencies and Annexes.View alone
Ignore a Handicap when triggered by paying Sway equal to the Handicap Boon Reduced (half the normal reward).View alone
- Dream powers
- Magickal powers
- combination tools
- combined weaponry
- compose music
- looper bullets
- overload attacks
- overload wounds
- play (specific)
- white lies
- Deep Forest
- Deep space
- Fantastic Landscapes
- Open Steppe
- Open plaza
- Wild places
- Adopted child
- Devoted to (specify)
- Fealty (specify)
- Mother Love
- Religion (specify)
- Reverence (specify)
- Romantic Attachment
- Siblings (specify)
- True Love
If you wish to create a nightmare or want to play a creature composed entirely of dreams then you want a Liberty Formation FacetView alone
The Monster is nightmarish, or dreamlike. Such Monsters either exist in a purely psychological realm, appearing as dreams and hallucinations, that cannot really be fought and don’t physically exist, or they are extremely dangerous and powerful Monsters that really exist and always cause Psychological Tests in those that meet them, and may be magical or supernatural in power.View alone
Gain Chi when you try to be stylish, sensual, seductive, arrogant or rude.
Combat gain Chi when you prepare a ♥View alone
Liberate / Rescue Object/Location/Character
When a Ref wants you to take something from someone else, if you want to mount a prison break, rescue a princess, or release an entire kingdom from a tyrants grasp then you probably will want a Liberty Quest.View alone
When an adventure has a strong dream-like quality, or even is a dream, where anything that occurs to the character will be, at least physically, undone when they awaken then you are in a Surreal Tone. It does not have to be a dream, many Daemons and Faeries choose to make reality seem like a dream in order to grant themselves extra abilities that are not so easily disbelieved.View alone
- NEED: Unique use, cannot be used for the same effect twice.
- LIMIT: Creative effects only or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Destiny, discard a Wyrd Tarot or Yarn Card with Pips equal to the Annex Boon Double Reduced.
- SPECIAL: Easily Lost, Wounds automatically target the Annex when applying damage and add Liberty Umbral Boon Reduced to Pips of the Wound card.
- FOCUS: Unique use, the Annex can be used by others (up to Liberty Nimbed Boon Reduced) at the same time, the Annexes Umbrals effect each user individually.
- EXPAND: Ignore Liberty Boon Double Reduced Umbrals in this Annex.
- REWARD: Destiny, Draw Liberty Nimbed Boon Double Reduced cards and add them to your Wyrd Tarot Hand or Ordeal Pool.
- TRICK: Annex uses only half an Annex slot. Two Powers both with this Nimbed would fill one Power slot. This also reduces GRT for this Annex by 1.
Chemical, Rotting, Foulness, Corruption based Annexes
If you are planning on playing a Chemist, or if you are playing a plague demon or sentient compost heap Miasma is the Annex Root you'll need.
Chemical, Toxin, Poison based Annexes
If want to build a poison, toxin or just whip up some chemistry you might need to think about a Miasma Channelling AnnexView alone
Toxin attacks are any attack where the body is poisoned rather than a direct physical assault being the major factor. Toxin wounds automatically stack with each other, so two Toxin Distracts become a Toxin Flesh, Three is a Toxin Maim etc. Toxin attacks can take several days to have their affect, others can kill instantly the difference depends upon the toxin, Chi Duration table can be used to determine the time, also Props and creatures may have handicaps such as “Slow poison” that reduce the speed.View alone
The character can swap wound Dæmons with another character for a cost of 1 Chi per wound if the new target of the wound is willing and 6 Chi per wound if unwillingView alone
- Artificial Compounds
- Biological weapons
- Cleaning agents
- Daemons -specific
- Glows in the dark
- Mutation - specific
- Nuclear waste
- Toxin Attacks
- Toxin Wounds
- Wound - specific
- Toxic waste plant
- Weed infested
Whether you wish to create some deadly Iocaine powder, develop nerve gas, an anabolic steroid, mutagenic compound or play a character who has ingested so much poison that their touch has become deadly, you want the Miasma Incarna.View alone
The monster is a mutant or chimerical creature made from parts of others. This monster type is the oldest perhaps, you’ll find examples throughout the ancient world, particularly in Greek myth. The Mutant will often be larger, and may be malformed or unsymmetrical, with odd numbers of limbs, eyes, horns, or even heads. The Chimera will blend multiple animals together to create a new creature that combines features of all the “parent” creatures, preserving the best of all species.View alone
Gain Chi whenever you mock/insult/hurt someone, damage/mock something, or see the same.
Combat gain Chi when you play a Mortal or Carnage wound.View alone
Sabotage object, Poison location/character/object, Corrupt character, location, or object
When the Ref needs you to poison a well, sabotage an experimental war-machine, or corrupt an innocent free-lance reporter, then you are on a Miasma QuestView alone
Preying on primal fears, the creeping dread of the unknown that lurks in the dark, monsters, killers, ghosts and things that go bump in the night the Horror Tone is all about unease, tension and scaring the characters (and maybe the players a little).View alone
- NEED: Handicap, must have a specific Handicap of Boon equal to Annex Boon reduced.
- LIMIT: May be used to negative effects only or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Youth, ages User Annex Boon Double Reduced as Yarn Extend Duration each use.
- SPECIAL: Corruption, the products and effects of the Annex look, smell and taste bad.
- FOCUS: Communicable: Spreads by contact Miasma Nimbed Boon Reduced times. In combat a Character with this Nimbed may draw and play an Ordeal card whenever a Character wounded by this Annex touches another up to Miasma Nimbed Boon Reduced times.
- EXPAND: Sickening, add One Card Psychological Test (Fear).
- REWARD: Youth, de-ages User Miasma Nimbed Boon Reduced as Yarn Extend Duration each use.
- TRICK: Corruption, Wounds caused by the Annex will automatically aggravate up one level each Phase of GRT to a maximum of Miasma Nimbed Boon Double Reduced (1-3 levels).
Natural abilities, Body-part based Annexes
If you are looking to play an animalistic character (or perhaps just build yourself an animal companion) then you are going to want lots of Nature Rooted Annexes
Annexes to do with Nature and nurturing
Been worrying how to build that Motherhood, Gardening or Parenting Annex? Well you might need to look at Nature Channelling FacetsView alone
Gouge attacks represent removing a scoop of the target, the standard gouge attack is a bite or an eye gouge. Gouge attacks can kill easily, but can also leave other Handicaps behind if the attacker wishes and the Ref agrees. Loss of sense would be appropriate for eye gouges for example. Gouge attacks do double damage at Mortal and Carnage level (x2) as things get eaten in a few short bites.View alone
The character has one chosen environment in which they automatically gain one level of success.View alone
- Bodypart - specific
- Earth Mother
- Gouge Attacks
- Gouge Wounds
- Race - specific
- Significator -specific
- Species - specific
- Fertile plains
- Rolling plains
- Shallow sea
- Bad Memories
- Broken Bone (specify)
- Continual pain
- Cybernetic limb/bodypart
- Discoloured body part (specify)
- Emotional scarring
- Facial scar
- Loss of movement (specify)
- Lost/Missing Bodypart
- Massive scar
- Memory blocks (specify)
- Missing tooth
- Old sports injury
- Old war wound
- Phantom limb
- Slips in and out of coma
Flesh (Blood and Bone)
This is the most commonly selected Incarna, it is the Incarna of human beings and animals, nine times out of ten your character will have a Nature Formation Facet and Incarna.View alone
The Monster is a force of nature, perhaps a literal elemental or more likely metaphorical. Such Monsters always pull and play an additional Ordeal card, often as on collateral damageView alone
Gain Chi when you listen to another, offer someone help, or tell a story (lie?).
Combat gain Chi when you draw a ♥.View alone
Nurture (location, object or character)
When the Referee wants you to grow a plant, raise a child, look after something, maintain a piece of equipment then you are almost certainly involved in a Nature QuestView alone
Visceral / Sensual
When you want an adventure to have a deep emotional impact, or simply to have a sensual experience then the Tone should be set to Nature.View alone
- NEED: Life, can only affect living beings and materials.
- LIMIT: Halve Score when affecting Nature Umbral Boon Reduced Incarna
- SACRIFICE: Blood Sacrifice, automatically apply Annex Boon Double Reduced Flesh Wounds to the User .
- SPECIAL: Natural Ability. The Annex is always on and can never be turned off. In situations where the Annex would not be advantageous it will work against the User (e.g. Animal Senses could hurt the User if a Flashbang grenade goes off).
- FOCUS: Life, the Annex's effects are motile and responsive and will actively resist attempts to “dispel” it. Add Nature Reduced Boon to difficulty to dispel or Heal as inanimate objects dodge and wounds bite back.
- EXPAND: The Annex doubles its score when affecting Nature Boon Double Reduced Incarna, select the Incarna during Annex creation. In Combat if affecting a correct Incarna all Ordeal cards are added again (x2 damage becomes x3)
- REWARD: Blood Sacrifice, any time the Annex Draws a Distract you may immediately Discard and Draw again.
- TRICK: Natural Ability, the Annex grants the user resistance to similar Powers based on the Nature Nimbed Boon Reduced. E.g. A Venom Annex with Nature Nimbed Boon 17 would grant a +5 to any roll or Ordeal card to resist poisons, Venoms etc.
Lore, Knowledge based Annexes
When you are building Annexes or Descendants that define what the Character knows then you may need an Orthodox Root Facet.
Teaching and Learning Annexes
If you planning on playing a Teacher or a Student you are going to need a few Annexes and Descendants with an Orthodox Channelling Facet.View alone
A Lecture attack represents a stern talking to. It is a common way to install Duty, Madness and Paranoia Handicaps amongst others. Lecture attacks cause triple Distract (x3).View alone
Additional I-Ching (can be changing or unchanging and grant * power).View alone
- AI Psychology
- Animal Husbandry
- Blue Prints
- Body Language
- Datagrid usage
- Deductive reasoning
- Internet usage
- Khaos Lore
- Learning - specific
- Lecture Attacks
- Lecture Wounds
- Legend Lore
- Linear Accelerator Technology
- Lore - specific
- Magic lore - specific
- Monomolecular Technology
- Music Theory
- Natural History
- Nuclear technology
- Rune lore
- Science - specific
- Tale telling
- Word Processors
- "Are you laughing at me?"
- "Are you one of us?"
- "Do you hear dogs?"
- "Do you see a tall man, beard, glasses, silly hat back there?"
- "Does this feel malignant to you?"
- "Don't drink the water"
- "Don't you know what they put in that?!"
- "Hold still maybe it won't see us."
- "I ain't getting on no plane, sucker!"
- "I could have sworn I closed that door."
- "I'll check again"
- "Is it cold in here?"
- "Is that Lipstick!?!"
- "Is this a secured line?"
- "It doesn't matter that the do
- "It wards off evil spirits"
- "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia."
- "Of course the Government know all about it,"
- "Oh no its a sunny day, you know what that means..."
- "Police/Guards Leg it!"
- "Quiet, did you hear something...?"
- "That duck is staring at me"
- "They Never Listened"
- "They bug my phone"
- "They come at night, mostly."
- "They don't listen"
- "This restaurant doesn't have enough fire exits, it's a death trap!"
- "What are you staring at?"
- "What did they say about me?"
- "What do you think happened to...?
- "What is that in the shadows there?
- "What were you doing just then?
- "What's that smell / sound / light / taste / shaking?
- "Where are my keys?"
- "Who do you work for?"
- "You have no idea what you've done"
- "You're going to leave me, I know you will"
- Conspiracy Theorist
- Intelligence officer
- Professional Spy
Perhaps you are trying to collect data, or want to write something down, or maybe you wish to play a living word, if so you are after the Orthodox Truth Formation Facet and Incarna.View alone
The Orthodox Monster is a tyrant, often a part of the system (in that it acts as a method of control over a population). A Tyrant monster may have troops that protect it, or work for it, or it may simply be so personally powerful that it can achieve its own goals.View alone
Gain Chi when you go with the majority, agree with another, or do as you are told.
Combat gain Chi when you prepare with a ♦View alone
Learn (about location/object/person), Learn from (book, school, person), Teach (in location, from book, character)
Anytime an NPC dispatches you to learn as much as you can about something, or to tell everyone about a subject then you are probably involved in an Orthodox Quest.View alone
Historical / Documentary
When the story is trying for historical accuracy or documentary style reportage of events then the Tone may well be Orthodox.View alone
- NEED: Specific Trigger, can only activate under specific circumstances.
- LIMIT: Will only work in a specific environment in all others Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Additional Annex Slot, The Annex fills a smaller additional slot (e.g. Talent uses Skill and Talent slot)
- SPECIAL: The effects of the Annex may be completely undone by a specific circumstance. E.g. The effects of a Vampiric power may be undone by killing the Vampire, or a magicians spells may be broken by spilling their blood.
- FOCUS: Facts, the Annex grants the user Orthodox Boon Reduced facts about the Target if successful.
- EXPAND: Grants Orthodox Boon in Yin if successful or in Yang if it fails.
- REWARD: Additional Annex Slot, the Annex automatically grants Orthodox Nimbed Boon Reduced Extra Proficiencies or add Orthodox Nimbed Boon Double Reduced Skill Annexes pertaining to the Master Annex. E.g. A Magic Lore Annex with Orthodox Boon 13 grants 4 extra Proficiency Slots, or 1 Skill slot.
- TRICK: Diamonds Flush, anytime the Annex plays more than one Diamond all Diamonds are one Level higher.
Fire, healing and passionate Annexes
When you are building a passion driven annex or anything that is powered off a fire you might want a Phoenix Root Facet
Healing and Burning Annexes
Whether you want to play a doctor, build a flamethrower or occasionally shout "Flame On" you will want a Phoenix Channelling FacetView alone
Fry attacks are the attack type used when things are hit by fire, or massive electrical bursts, plasma weapons are another good source of Fry attacks. Fry attacks can leave behind “Burns” rather than other scars, and can alter a targets Incarna to Phoenix whilst they are dying. Fry attacks do double damage to wood and flesh incarna (x2).View alone
The character may choose one Incarna, when using or trying to effect that Incarna add one level of success.View alone
- Black powder
- Field medicine
- First Aid
- Flame throwers
- Fry Attacks
- Fry Wounds
- Gaffa tape
- Incendiary devices
- Laying on of hands
- Nuclear fireballs
- Quick fixes
- Repair - specific
- Steam engines
- Burning building/forest
- Doctor's Surgery
- Healers Hut
- Sacred Flames
- Disease (specific)
- Foot sore
- Stripped of Chi somehow
- Weather beaten
- Worn out
Whether you want to model a campfire, summon a blazing, conflagration elemental or play an alien composed of intelligent plasma filaments you will probably want a Phoenix Formation Facet.View alone
The Monster is the embodiment of a positive force or emotion. Such Monsters are often a counter point, or are opposed to, another Monster. Phoenix Monsters are usually capable of causing positive (and sometimes negative) emotions via a Psychology Test in those that see them, and while they may be positive in nature, they are not necessarily good, or altruistic in their actions.View alone
Gain Chi when you give advice, heal a wound, or tell someone the truth (in your opinion).
Combat gain Chi when you play a ♥ to heal.View alone
Burn (location, object or character)/ Aid character
If the adventure calls for you to set fires, perhaps burn a vampiric corpse or perhaps just to offer aid to another then the Quest is probably PhoenixView alone
When the bad guy is a virus, you're are trying to save the lives of hundreds of victims of a super-powered rampage downtown or if you are just playing a doctor (with or without a limp) then you may be involved in a Phoenix ToneView alone
- NEED: Specific Incarna, can only Target Phoenix Umbral Boon Reduced Incarnas.
- LIMIT: Uncontrolled, Referee controls Annex or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Fuel, Food or Ammunition (Annex Boon Double Reduced Chi)
- SPECIAL: Recharge, roll over the Phoenix Umbral Boon Reduced on 1d8 to recharge the Annex after use. These recharge attempts have an RT equal to the Annex's normal GRT and a GRT of 0.
- FOCUS: Add the Phoenix Nimbed Boon die to the Annex Score. This can also be used to enhance the Pips of one card being played.
- EXPAND: The Annex may cause Phoenix Nimbed Boon Double Reduced Umbrals to affect the Annex Target in addition to the user. The Target must pay those Umbrals or exist in a state of GRT for the Phoenix Boon Reduced.
- REWARD: Fuel, Food or Ammunition (Gain Phoenix Nimbed Boon Reduced Chi)
- TRICK: All Hearts suit Ordeal Cards add Phoenix Boon Reduced Pips automatically when played in this Annex’s action.
Books, Mental, Serene, Meditation based Annexes
If you are playing a student, especially of eastern arts or religions then you may want a Quiet Root Facet.
Silent, wooden or book learning Annexes
If you are playing a stealthy assassin, an Eelafin tree-shaper or simply a bookish nerd you might require a Quiet Channelling FacetView alone
Erode attacks can take millions of years to affect a mountain or rock, but a sandstorm can have the same effect on a person or vehicle in a few minutes. Accelerated time, like a Never-Time, Paradox or Chronoclysm Bomb can also have Erode effects. Targets are usually “destroyed” rather than “killed” by Erode attacks. Erode attacks do double damage (x2) against Earth, Metal and Toil Incarna.View alone
Gain Chi when they speak to a stranger or group of strangers.View alone
- Martial Arts
- Serene Powers
- Silent weapons
- Erode Attacks
- Erode Wounds
- Fluid Mechanics
- Learning - specific
- Library -specific
- Liquid technology
- Martial Art - Specific
- Monomolecular technology
- Near Silent weapons
- Nuclear Physics
- Number Theory
- Science - specific
- Sign Language
- Study - Specific
- Write Music
- Placid Pool
- Tranquil Grove
- Addicted (specify)
- Ambition (specific)
- Coffee achiever
- Custom (specify)
- External Power Source
- Fashion victim
- Habitual (specify)
- Hunger (specify)
- Lead by the nose
- Must be reloaded
- Must consume (specify) regularly
- Must eat meat to survive
- Needs Fuel
- Puppet of a greater power
- Red Tape
- Requires Batteries
When you need to model plants, or any wooden structure, or if you have a pressing need to play a sentient vegetable then you'll want to look at a Quiet Formation Facet.View alone
The Quiet Monster is exactly that, almost (or entirely) silent. It is the creeping death or the cat-footed predator that strikes without warning from ambush and vanishes without trace. Quiet Monsters may pull an play an additional card when they act silently.View alone
Gain Chi when you act silently, selfishly or alone.
Combat gain Chi when you draw a ♦View alone
Study Location, Object or Character
If the Ref says you need to study up on something, perhaps those looming mid-terms, then you can be assured the Quest is QuietView alone
Suspense is the lifeblood of the Thriller. The Quiet Tone It governs and is governed by the unknown, creating a need to know and sense of anticipation in the players.View alone
- NEED: Tranquility, the User cannot be affected by strong emotions.
- LIMIT: Must be used silently or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Practice, the User must practice the Annex for Annex Boon Reduced hours each week for Quiet Umbral Boon Reduced Weeks before they can activate. Failure to Practice will stop Annex from Activating.
- SPECIAL: Must roll over the Quiet Umbral Boon Value on a d200, Yin may be spent on d6’s to increase the roll to activate the Annex.
- FOCUS: Subtle, The Annex's use can be so subtle that it may require days of study to determine the complete effects of the Annex. Whilst there will be an immediate obvious effect, there will be other more subtle effects at play. Add Quiet Boon Reduced to the Pips of all Ordeal cards 'prepared' with this Annex.
- EXPAND: The Annex automatically activates in response to certain stimuli. When activated by the “trigger” the use does not use up a character’s action. This Nimbed is required to allow an Annex or Descendant to be added to an Ordeal Proficiency / Initiative roll. RT applies but not GRT (see also Rook “Passive” Nimbed).
- REWARD: Practice, Draw Quiet Nimbed Boon Double Reduced Extra cards in the Annex's action.
- TRICK: Sets, the Annex may play multiple cards of the same Pips as though they were a single card. E.g. Playing 5♠, 5♣, 5♦, 8♠ and 8♥ counts as playing only Two cards.
Passive, defensive and strategic based Annexes
If you are planning on playing a military man or if you are trying to build a Passive or defensive Annex then you probably want a Rook Root Facet.
Defensive and Protective Annexes
If you want to build a protective amulet, a suit of armour or just have a skill in Parrying then you want a Rook Channelling annex.View alone
Quash attacks are designed to destroy Descendants (especially weapon and armour props), rendering a victim open to other forms of attack.They have a tendency to destroy weapons, shields and armour props before affecting the characters own abilities. Quash attacks do double damage (x2) against Descendants (against Skill Descendants this is a +1 Wound Level automatically).View alone
The character is immune to one attack type or one level of Wound Dæmon (below the Rank of Carnage) E.g. all Fatal Wounds or all Hack woundsView alone
- Armour - specific
- Cloaking devices
- Computer ICE
- Computer Winter
- Containment systems
- Dodge blow
- Dome defences
- Electronic Security systems
- Field defences
- Gas masks
- Hand held shields
- Physical security systems
- Power defences
- Psiber defences
- Quash Attacks
- Quash Wounds
- Rallying speeches
- Safety Equipment
- Security systems
- Shroud defences
- Unit defences
- Vibro defences
- Vortex defences
- City Walls
- Defensive ditch
- Steep cliff
- Hunting Instinct
- Killed and replaced another
- Poor Etiquette
- Prejudiced (specify)
- Sharp tongued
- Wind (Gastric)
If you are trying to build a suit of armour or even a castle, you will require the Rook Incarna. If you want to play a smart shield or flak jacket then you will want a Rook Formation Facet. The Defence Incarna automatically grants a Descendant the Passive Rook nimbed.View alone
The Monster is a guardian, it guards a certain territory, path, treasure or person. It reduces all wounds caused to it by one level automatically.View alone
Gain Chi when you act to protect another, are relied upon for any task, or ask a question.
Combat gain Chi when you play a ♣ in defence.View alone
Secure/ Defend location, object or character
If an officer tells you to defend a door with your life, or if you have been tasked with securing the entrances and exits of an abandoned atmospheric processor colony building then you have gotten yourself into a Rook Quest.View alone
When the Tone is nice, peaceful and restful, when there is little or nothing going on in the plot right now, then you are probably enjoying the peacefulness of a Rook Tone.View alone
- NEED: Danger, will only activate if the Ordeal Stakes are High.
- LIMIT: Halve Score if used offensively.
- SACRIFICE: Success, cumulative -Rook Umbral Boon Reduced from the Score each time the Annex is used in a Scene.
- SPECIAL: Saving Throw, Target and User both roll Rook, if the Target rolls higher they receive a Proficiency in "Resist (this Annex)" (assuming they have a free Proficiency Slot) and the Score is Halved for this action.
- FOCUS: The effects of the Annex defend themselves rather than be dispelled. Wounds add Rook Nimbed Boon Reduced to their Pips for Healing, Descendants receive a "Defence" Skill with a Boon equal to the Rook Nimbed Boon.
- EXPAND: Passive. The Annex is rests between uses in a passive mode (using the last active roll's score). Senses and Defences often have this Nimbed. In combat a Defence such as Armour with this Nimbed is always able to play Rook Nimbed Boon Reduced Ordeal cards in defence from your pool.
- REWARD: Success, add One Success Level to any action or card Rook Nimbed Boon Reduced times per day.
- TRICK: Club Flush, any time the Annex plays more than one Club all Clubs are One Level Higher.
Evil, unethical or, Immoral based Annexes
Got a Villain you are trying to give some skills to, you need this Sin Root Facet
Vice, Sin and Evil Annexes
Evil... Eeeeeviiiil... Perhaps you have a diabolical Warlock that you need to power up or a nefarious master thief, or perhaps the universes best slaver, maybe a Sin Channelling Facet will help.View alone
Sin attacks range from Distracting offensive language to turning someone into a demonic lawn chair with Carnage level magic and may have a variety of final effects. It is not uncommon for the Curse attack to create Doomed Handicaps or through Malformed Handicaps turn the target into a frog- they can, of course, kill, blind and even change a Character's Personality or Core too). Curses do triple damage (x3) against Fate, Time and Illusion Incarna.View alone
Gain Chi when you consume something (food, cigarette, drugs, money, credits, alcohol, human hearts, soul, etc -- pick one).View alone
- Evil Powers
- Rock and Roll
- Addiction - specific
- Bad Things
- Black magic
- Curse Attacks
- Curse Wounds
- Dirty Fighting
- Glory seeking
- Harming others
- Not Caring
- Rock and Roll
- Stolen goods
- Street Drugs
- Public House
- Abused - specify
- Changed identity to escape
- Character Nemesis
- Demonically persecuted
- Genetype persecuted
- Guild Rogue
- Hunted (specify)
- On the run
- Persecuted by deity (specify)
- Politically persecuted
- Racial type Persecuted
- Rape victim
- Religion Persecuted
- Rumoured to be a friend to someone famous
- Sexually abused
- Social class persecuted
- Target of a genocidal war
When you are building a descendant that is a vicious new street drug, or you want a black magic totem or you are playing an anthropomorphic representation of a deadly sin then you will want the Sin Formation Facet.View alone
The Sin Monster is an embodiment of a specific vice, taboo, or sin, often in the form of a human Villain. They often have annexes and Handicaps that reflect their embodied vice or sin, and are often at least partially supernatural. Sin Monsters may double their Score when appropriate to their embodiment.View alone
Gain Chi when you succumb to temptation, play devil’s advocate, disagree, use sarcasm, or break (or bend) a rule.
Combat gain Chi when you play a Maiming or Crippling wound.View alone
Abuse location, object or character or Seduce character
Sin Quests are tales of dark deeds, sexual conquest and abuse. They are not for the faint hearted.View alone
When the characters are up to no good, it always helps if you've got a Tone to match and the Sin Tone will match almost any dark deed.View alone
- NEED: Pain, will only activate if Wounds of Pips equivalent to Annex Boon Reduced are present in the Scene.
- LIMIT: Cannot be used for good or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Clips, after a limited number of uses must consume a Prop of Cost equal to at least Annex Boon Double Reduced + Sin Umbral Boon Reduced. Base number of Uses is 27-Sin Umbral Boon. Refs may allow larger clips that cost proportionally more.
- SPECIAL: Addictive for the user and must be use Sin Umbral Boon Reduced times a day or it operates at Half score until you achieve your uses per day again.
- FOCUS: Pain, Add a Success level when the Annex can affect a Handicap. In combat, the moment the target has been affected by a Mortal wound, or higher, you may immediately pull and play an additional Ordeal card.
- EXPAND: The target of the Annex is drained of Sin Boon points of Chi which the user receives.
- REWARD: Clips, (Gain Sin Nimbed Boon Reduced Chi).
- TRICK: Addictive for the Target, they enjoy the effect and want more regardless of damage that the Annex may cause (After the first use all additional uses gain Sin Nimbed Boon Reduced Pips of Penetration).
Warfare, sport, competition and attacking based Annexes
If you need a skill in football, or basic soldiering, or really want to focus on attacks then you are going to need a Trial Root Facet
Attacks, Metal, Cybernetic and Hacking Annexes
Absolutely need to replace a limb with a psychocannon, or just need to be the best axeman in the business then you'll want a Trial Channelling Facet.View alone
Hacks are an attempt to cut sections of the target off or, in the case of Computer systems, Hack wounds can allow the hacker to control the system. Assuming the wounds created produced a “Hacked” Handicap. Hack scars can include malformed Handicaps for the loss of limbs etc that can occur. Hacks do double damage (x2) against Wood (Quiet), Flesh (Nature), Orthodox (Data), and Toil (Craft) Incarna.View alone
Character has a “special move” that when used adds two success levels to the result automatically.View alone
- Martial Arts
- Battle Cries
- Battle ship
- Bladed weapons
- Calibre - specific
- Close Combat one Handed
- Close combat two handed
- Clubbing weapons
- Combat driving
- Dum-Dum bullets
- Edge bullets
- Energy Weapons
- Field Artillery
- Fighter craft
- Flame weapons
- Gas weapons
- Grenade launchers
- Hack Attacks
- Hack Wounds
- Hand drawn ranged weapons
- Heavy Metal
- Highly accurate weapons
- Hiss weapons
- Improvised weapons
- Looper bullets
- Machine and Chainguns
- Martial Art - specific
- Missile Systems
- Monomolecular weapons
- Near Silent weapons
- Quick draw
- Rapid fire weapons
- Self Holstering weapons
- Sonic weapons
- Splat weapons
- Sport - specific
- The Morrigun
- Thrown weapons
- Weapon - specific
- Betting shop
- Billiard room
- Killing zone
- Sports field
- "Ah well, you see, the thing is..." "And your point is?"
- "Are you talking to me?"
- "Don't start on me"
- "Have you got a problem with that?"
- "I didn't do it"
- "I've got money"
- "I've got my mum's thighs."
- "It wasn't me"
- "It's not mine"
- Must respond to criticism
- "Please don't kill me,"
- "Right - I'll see you in court."
- "What are you looking at?"
- "What did you say?"
- "What do you want from me?"
- "What's it to you?"
- "Who do you think you're talking too?"
- "Why would you say that?"
- Witty Comebacks
- "You can't prove anything"
Whether you're thinking about swords, cars, planes, or full-body cyborgs, a Trial Formation Facet will grant you that Metal Incarna.View alone
The Monster is a combat specialist of some sort. All wounds it causes are one level greater than drawn. Carnage draw a second card when played and add that without increase.View alone
Gain Chi when you compete against another, argue, or fight.
Combat gain Chi when a ♠ is played on you.View alone
Compete against a Character, in a location or for/with object
If you must best all the members of Cobra-kai in a Karate competition, if you are representing your colony in the interstellar olympics or if you must win the latest hoverboard in a streetrace you are embroiled in a Trial Quest.View alone
Whether you are talking entrenched battlefield maneuvers or simply a screaming exchange of malign curse words, you may benefit from a Trial Tone.View alone
- NEED: Competition, will only activate if the Target is equivalent in Scale or higher.
- LIMIT: Halve Score when User is the Target.
- SACRIFICE: Peace of mind, (Trial Umbral Boon Reduced Yang).
- SPECIAL: Automatically wounds the Annex holder (User or Descendant). Trial Umbral Boon Reduced and multiplied by two gives the face value of the wound type required. e.g. 1-7 Distract, 8-11 Flesh, 12-15 Maim, 16-20 Crippling, 21-25 Mortal, 26 Carnage.
- FOCUS: Competition, any time you can match an Ordeal card played against you in Pips you may Draw and Play an additional card.
- EXPAND: Any time the Annex Wounds a Target (or their Descendants) immediately pull and play an additional Card.
- REWARD: Peace of mind, (Gain Trial Nimbed Boon Chi if the Annex succeeds).
- TRICK: Spades Flush, anytime the Annex plays more than one Spade all Spades are one Level higher.
Virtue, Moral, Ethical Annexes
If you want a power called Ethics, Goodness, Morality, Virtuous, or even Benign Dictator then you are going to need a Virtue Root Facet
Saintly or energy Annexes
Perhaps you'd like to throw lightning-bolts or light a room with the glow of your halo, better pick a Virtue channelling Facet then.View alone
Conversion wounds often create new Handicaps in the targets, these can be religious Duty Handicaps or similar, or alter Core, Personality or Incarna. Convert attacks do triple damage (x3) when they create Carnage wounds.View alone
Gain Chi whenever you talk about your beliefs, quote a text, or act in accord with your beliefs.View alone
- Angelic Forces
- Holy Powers
- Chemical Energy
- Conversion Attacks
- Conversion Wounds
- Electrical Energy
- Electromagnetic Energy
- Flower power
- Gravitational potential Energy
- Kinetic Energy
- Mass Conversion
- Natural Energy
- Nuclear Fission
- Nuclear Fusion
- Potential Energy
- Power defences
- Psionic Energy
- Public Speaking
- Steam power
- Vocation - specific
- White Magic
- Power plant
- "I don't do... (specify)"
- "There's no way we can do it this week"
- Can't be arsed
- Low power
- Slow metabolism
Maybe you want to model a power source or you'd like to train electricity or you just want to play an alien that is a living psionic energy field, well then the Virtue Incarna is for you.View alone
The Monster is a ‘Friendly’ monster, that will almost certainly be misunderstood and attacked by some. These monsters gain a success level (or draw and play an additional card) when working with another.View alone
Gain Chi when you show Compassion, help another or resist temptation.
Combat gain Chi when you are attacked with a ♦View alone
Protect or Convert Location, Object or Character
When you are tasked with a literal mission to convert a bunch on the ungodly then you are probably under the influence of a Virtue Quest.View alone
Momentum and not love may make the world go around, but love can certainly drive a narrative on and the Virtue Tone is the main way it does it. Traditionally romance is a hero and a heroine uniting against the odds, but in these post-modern days that simple equation has a whole lot of other variants.View alone
- NEED: Last resort, will only activate as a last resort.
- LIMIT: Must be used to help another or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Power, (Annex Boon Double Reduced Chi) or connect to a power source.
- SPECIAL: Has 27- Virtue Umbral Boon uses and then must wait Annex Boon Double Reduced as Yarn on Sway table Extend Duration before another attempt.
- FOCUS: Beam, the Annex creates a narrow beam, anyone caught in the Beam counts as a potential Target. Draw one card and play it for Extra Targets (+3 each). The Beam will stop after the Extra Targets are paid for.
- EXPAND: The Virtue Boon Reduced may be added to the Annex’ score when taking the average, helping another or against defences.
- REWARD: Prayers, Annex may once per Story Miracle a test or increase all Ordeal cards played by the Annex to Jokers.
- TRICK: All Diamond Ordeal Cards add Virtue Nimbed Boon Reduced Pips automatically when played in this Annex’s action.
Fate, Destiny, Magic, Law, Judgement based Annexes
If you want to play a Law Lord, a mage or a Judge you might need some Annexes with a Wyrd Root Facet
Magic, Chi, Law, Judgment, Reward and Punishment Annexes
If you need to build a magic spell that manipulates Chi or Punishes the guilty then you probably need a Wyrd Channelling FacetView alone
Wyrd attacks can be used to capture (and Confine) as well as kill. Additionally snares can be set, and left to attack later on their own. A prepared snare wound can sit waiting as a trap, until someone blunders into it (in fact all traps are essentially snare attacks [although the actual wound type does vary from attack to attack]). Disabling a Snare requires defeating it twice (initially dodging, parrying or ignoring it with a Club ♣ and then disabling it with a Diamond ♦ of equal or higher Pips) otherwise it may affect anyone else that moves through the area/Stage. Snares usually take a while to set (you can't dig a pit trap as easily as swinging a shovel at someone) unless using Magic. Ref's decide.View alone
Chi/Sway cost or difficulty for one chosen effect is halved. (E.g. Reload for 4 Chi, specific sidestep for half price, increase Scale for 1/4 Max Chi, etc.)View alone
- Fortune Telling
- Significator - specific
- Sixth Sense
- Snare Attacks
- Snare Wounds
- Totem Animal - specific
- Wyrd Lore
- Faery glen
- Faery mound
- Police Precinct
- Police Station
- Wizard’s Tower
- Assisted at their own birth
- Attacked by Dæmon/ Fæ
- Cursed (specify)
- Doomed (specify)
- Haunted (specify)
- Heirloom (specify)
- Incurable Romantic
- Legend (specify)
- Lives in interesting times
- Lucky / Unlucky Number
- Medium (to any passing spirit)
- Mysterious Vanishing (specify)
- Mystery Birthmark (specify)
- Own Ancestor
- Part of multiple birth
- Prophesy (specify)
- Saw self born
- Spirit guide (to any passing Medium)
- Star crossed (specify)
- Temporal Paradox
- Weirdo Magnet
- Will be killed by (specify)
Curses, magick and the magical creatures of the Wyrd (Fairies, or Fæ if you prefer), and some Eelafin and Solos may have a Wyrd IncarnaView alone
The monster is a creature of the Fæ, it can draw and play Yarn cards or Wyrd Tarot cards. The Wyrd Monster usually has a Wyrd hand with extra cards equal to its Scale Reduced (minimum of +1). A powerful Wyrd Monster might have up to 14 cards.View alone
Gain Chi when you ask questions, act impartially or are asked for your opinion or verdict.
Combat gain Chi when you prepare with a ♣View alone
Capture Location, Object, Character or Judge Character
If you are asked to sit in judgement on a decision, or if you must bring in a no good gang of horse rustlers, or just capture hill 14 before dawn, then you may be ensnared in a Wyrd Quest.View alone
When dark wizards gather to perform dark deeds, or elves sing then you may be surrounded by a Wyrd Tone.View alone
- NEED: Doom, must have a Wyrd Tarot hand (or Yarn Cards) with Pips equal to Annex Boon Reduced.
- LIMIT: Only works in liminal spaces and times (e.g. At midnight, dusk, dawn, in a doorway or hedge) or Halve Score
- SACRIFICE: Mana (Annex Boon Double Reduced Chi).
- SPECIAL: All recent effects created by the Annex (Ref decides how recently) are instantly undone if the Annex is Crippled for any reason. E.g. A wizard that loses their Wizardry will lose his magical buffs and may even lose his summoned familiar or tower.
- FOCUS: Doom, Draw Wyrd Nimbed Boon Reduced Wyrd Tarot cards and play Wyrd Nimbed Boon Double Reduced immediately, discard the others.
- EXPAND: In Liminal Spaces and Times add One Success Level
- REWARD: Mana (The Annex generates Wyrd Boon Double Reduced Yarn or Twists each use).
- TRICK: Inevitable, if Wound cards played during the Annex's action fail to penetrate armour or defences, or if inevitable defences fail to stop a Wound, they Draw a card to replace the failed one and add Wyrd Nimbed Boon Reduced Pips.
Range, Distance, Location and reach based Annexes
If you want to do something over there you might want a Yonder Root Facet
Range, Reach or Space/Location Annexes
If you haven't picked a Yonder Root and want to act at a distance then you will probably want a Yonder Channelling FacetView alone
Yonder attacks can capture and bind (creating Confined Hanicaps), Yank attacks can unbalance the target, pulling them off balance, etc. Yank attacks do triple damage (x3) to moving targets.View alone
The Character has an additional Annex (1-11 Skill, 12-21 Talent, 22-26 Power) that grants an extra mode of Travel. E.g. Fleet-footed Skill, Flying Talent or a Lea Walking Power.View alone
- The Lea
- Bows and Arrows
- Gun sights
- Highly Accurate weapons
- Interdimensional space
- Lea Paths
- One handed ranged weapons
- Outer space
- Ranged weaponry
- Remote Control
- Self propelled missiles
- Sub-etheric devices
- Two handed ranged weapons
- Yank Attacks
- Yank Wounds
- Beacon hill
- Call centre
- Radio room
- Train tracks
- Watch tower
Loss of sense
- Always Hungry
- Incurable Romantic
- Lack of Etiquette
- Lacks common sense
- Lacks empathy
- Loss of sense (specify)
- Over-inflated Ego
- Overly Ambitious
- Poor Balance
- Poor sense (specify)
- Senselessly violent
When you need to build a Location (a special type of descendant) or play a sentient building or grove, then you will want a Yonder Formation Facet.View alone
The Monster is an alien, an outsider. It may just be a metaphor for alienation, or literally be an extra-(or ultra)-terrestrial. Such monsters are usually obvious and inhuman, not just to look at, but in the way they think and behave. They have apparently supernatural powers and abilities, but often make do with advanced technologies (in the form of additional Descendants).View alone
Gain Chi when you gain information, see a new place, answer a question, or tell someone what you have experienced.
Combat gain Chi when you act at Range (paying Range costs or using Range Nimbeds).View alone
Travel to... (Object/ Location/ Object) or Follow (Character/Vehicle)
If you've ever shouted "Quick follow that car" or followed a Treasure map then you have been involved in a Yonder Quest.View alone
Odyssey / Road Movie
When the song of the open road, sea, sky or space-lanes calls to you it calls in a Yonder Tone.View alone
- NEED: Space, a Location of size greater than the Annex Boon Double Reduced as Yarn.
- LIMIT: Must be at a minimum Range of Annex Boon Reduced metres or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Focus (Yonder Umbral Boon Reduced Yin).
- SPECIAL: Range is multiplied by 1+ Yonder Umbral Boon Reduced before calculation.
- FOCUS: Add Yonder Nimbed Boon Reduced Pips to any attack at range.
- EXPAND: As long as the Annex does not Physically affect the Target it may effectively ignore costs for Range. Referees may arbitrate, an ideal Nimbed for Communication Powers.
- REWARD: Focus (Gain Yonder Boon Reduced Chi)
- TRICK: Yonder Boon divides Range before difficulty is calculated. Confined is divided by Yonder Boon Reduced, Closed by Yonder Boon and Open by Yonder Value.
e.g. Boon 2=1/2/ 5 divides distance by 1 when Confined, 2 Closed and 5 when Open, where as Boon 13=4/13/66
Faith, Belief, religious and travel based Annexes.
Any Annex that involves prayer is almost certainly a Zeal Root Facet
Movement, Change and Vehicle Annexes
If you are planning on playing a marathon runner, a stunt-driver or just a skill in getting there then you'll be wanting a Zeal Channelling FacetView alone
Kick attacks are exactly what they say on tin. A kick, whether it be from someones extended leg or the type of powerful knock that you get when you misfire a shotgun. A Kick wound draws a second card immediately that signifies the damage taken by being knocked down.View alone
Character has an additional point of Twist (whether they can gain Twists or not). Normally the character would be restricted to the number of Handicaps that they had and require a Dæmonic Handicap or Annex to generate Twists.View alone
- Modes of travel
- Dance - specific
- Faith Healing
- Fast talk
- Guidance systems
- Kick Attacks
- Kick Wounds
- Ley paths
- Linear accelerator Technology
- Propulsion systems
- Religion - specific
- Significator - Specific
- Time travel
- Tip toeing
- Totem spirit - specific
- X-dimensional travel
- Coach house
- "Is there a god?"
- Artificial Personality (specify)
- False Personality (specify)
- Lies Inconvincingly
- Seeks Explanations
- Worry's about (specify)
Whether a prayer, a belief or even a god that you are trying to model you should consider a Zeal Formation Facet.View alone
The Monster is religious or spiritual in nature. Often exceptionally powerful, when acting according to their nature, or following their belief system, they may draw and play an additional Ordeal card, increase a Wound as they cause it, or reduce a Wound they receive. However, if they act outside of their nature, they are restricted by an automatic GRT of 1.View alone
Gain Chi when you act about or talk about what you are fanatical about.
Combat gain Chi when you play a ♦ as an action rather than attack or preparation.View alone
Flee Location / Object / Character
Any time you start running and just keep going you are under the thrall of a Zeal QuestView alone
Any chase, whether in a car, ship, plane or on foot across rooftops or through streets is an example of a Chase Tone.View alone
- NEED: Triggered Handicap of Boon at least equal to Annex Boon Double Reduced
- LIMIT: Must be used at the same time as another or after another Annex has been used in the Round or Halve Score.
- SACRIFICE: Motion, must move Annex Boon Reduced metres to Activate.
- SPECIAL: Effects are illusory or can be disbelieved. Targets can use Personality Annex to passively Defend or Soak.
- FOCUS: The Annex recovers rapidly, take Zeal Nimbed Boon Reduced from the Annex RT to a minimum of the normal GRT of that Annex, and take Zeal Nimbed Boon Double Reduced from GRT (to a minimum of 0).
- EXPAND: Powerful, Add Zeal Nimbed Boon Reduced to the Annex Boon.
- REWARD: Motion, Annex causes Motion in either the User or Target equal to Zeal Nimbed Boon metres for small Objects and Zeal Boon Reduced metres for Characters or larger.
- TRICK: The user of the Annex is completely immune to the effects of the Annex, even fumbles, bounced attacks or stolen Annexes cannot affect them.